Kemp Lake Waterworks District (KLWD) is located on the west side of Vancouver Island west of Sooke, B.C. The District was established on May 26th, 1953 by Letters Patent under the Water Act of British Columbia. The Letters Patent has been amended a number of times over the years to change the boundaries of the district. The most recent boundary amendment was in 1979. See the bottom of this page for links to both the original Letters Patent and the last boundary amendment document.
The District provides community water to an area of approximately 3.7 square Kilometers(1.44 sq miles) with an estimated population of 1440 people through just over 230 metered connections.
The District is managed by a board of three trustees who serve a 3 year term. Each year, one trustee is elected for a three year term by the land owners at the annual general meeting held in April.
At Kemp Lake Waterworks District, our goal is to provide safe, clean water to all of our residents.
The district service area is shaded in yellow with the boundary marked in orange.
Since spring of 2020, we now source our water from the Capital Regional District water system, rather than from Kemp Lake. The water shed area is shaded in green. The lake drains south out of the south eastern corner to the Straits of Juan de Fuca.
Kemp Lake Waterworks District
Sooke, BC V9Z 1H4